Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Back from New York

I can't wait to share some of the highlights from my trip. It was amazing and inspiring on so many levels, even enduring the dreadful weather seemed to add new insight and meaning to the whole experience.

While I was away, a wonderful artist and teacher, Karen Lynn Ingalls, was kind enough to feature me on her blog. Karen asked me several questions about about my approach to composition and painting in general. You can see that post here, and please take a look at her beautiful paintings on her personal blog here. Thank you Karen for this honor.

I would also love to thank all the wonderful suggestions we received for our trip! I only wish we had had more time to do every single one!

4 comments:

Joan Breckwoldt said...

Hi Karen, I look forward to your recommendations, my husand and I are heading to NYC in March for my birthday. I have a long list of museums too, but I'm clueless when it comes to galleries. And I love vegetarian :) .
thanks,
Joan

Karen Appleton said...

Hey Joan, Happy upcoming birthday!!
My list of galleries will be a starting point, but there were so many we didn't get to. I hope you have longer than 2 days to see it all too! I'm already ready to go back :)

schilderijenfoto said...

I so much love this picture. First small, I thought it was a painting, but no matter what it is, it is beautiful.
Thanks for sharing your trip with us, very nice overload!

Karen Appleton said...

Thank you so much Geert-Jan! I love this pic too! I'm not a very good photographer, but get lucky every once in a while. Thanks for stopping by!!