Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

June


I am very excited with this second linoleum block print "June." I'm thrilled with the stylized, almost art deco feel this new print has.

I am so fortunate to have these peonies in my yard, planted by the previous owner of our house long ago.  I didn't even know that this variety existed until they slowly opened to reveal one thousand curling petals!  I couldn't believe my eyes....  gigantic pink bows!





"June" has a limited printing of eleven and the second of my monthly series of block prints. She comes framed in a UV protected glass, black frame with an overall size of 16x20 and print size of 6x8.  For more info click HERE.

And the painted version of this pink "petaled" present I'll post next :)

5 comments:

Sharlette White said...

Girl you need to make some cards out of these! I am finally finishing up with our other house TOMMORROW! Yea! Getting ready in two weeks to go on a trip with girl friends to Orange Beach at Gulf Shores AL then when I get back taking my mom to Montana so my Present and YoUR present is getting ready to take a ROAD TRIP! I am so ready after months of renovations and cant wait to give you some pics to choose from! I so love your blog. While at our other house, I got to take a work shop with Qiuang Huang (pronounced Chong Wong)! Wonderful artist, are you familiar? He has a blog you can get to from my blog, check him out. I managed to get one painting done after workshop. I have been so darn busy with the renovation. BUT this fall, I am going for it!

Kate Lewis said...

karen, i love it! way to go!!!!

Marilyn Flanegan said...

Your joy always shines through as you tell the story and inspiration of your work, Karen.

: )

Karen Appleton said...

Hi Sharlette, wow, sounds like you are one busy lady! Thanks for stopping by and can't wait to see what you come up with!

Yea! Kate! Thank you so much!!! My fellow lino cut artist!

Hi Marilyn, that is so nice of you to say, I really appreciate such a sweet compliment! Thank you!

jane said...

These are lovely - and it is great to see the working progress - thanks!